SMBA ECONOMIC OUTLOOK – COVID-19 IN COLLABORATION WITH CCIFM & LA CAMARA
Economic Outlook 2020 – Covid 19
The Malaysian economy recorded a sustained growth in 2019 supported by resilient private sector activity and complemented by exports. However, with the Covid-19 pandemic hitting the world, our Malaysian economy has not been spared. Keynote speaker will be the Ambank Group Chief Economist Dr. Anthony Dass providing an outlook of the economic impact of the current situation in Southeast Asia.
Main Speaker: DR ANTHONY DASS
Group Chief Economist/Head of Research, AmBank.
- With AmBank Group since Jun 2013.
- Started career as an Economist at Bank Negara Malaysia, worked with stock broking firms thereafter, and involves with various ministries and government agencies.
- 30 years of working experience.
· PhD in Economics, University Utara Malaysia (Feb 2018).
· Master of Science in Economics & Finance, University of Bristol, United Kingdom (1996).
· Bachelor in Economics, International Islamic University, Malaysia (1987).
10:00am – Welcome by SMBA Chairman, Mr. Christian Meyer
10:05am – Short overview of the economic situation in Switzerland by H.E. Ambassador of Switzerland Andrea Reichlin
10:10am – Presentation by Dr Anthony Dass, Group Chief Economist, Ambank
11:15am – Q & A